Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Headlines of the Week (Or Whatever)

After reading all about Miley Cyrus tweaking at the VMAs, I have some things to say about Robin Thicke. First, I originally thought he was Justin Timberlake. No really. The video for Blurred Lines kept coming on Mexican TV at Aranda's while I was at work, and I remembering thinking that JT had kinda let himself go because marriage, haha. Anyway, I later learned he was Alan Thicke's kid and was married and had children of his own and then I was just really confused. Now I'm hearing all about Miley and this is what I'm thinking about. Last, sometime soon, I'm gonna karaoke Blurred Lines at the Railhead but sing the feminist parody version and it will be awesome. Anyway.


A Feminist Parody of Blurred Lines:



Dear son, don’t let Robin Thicke be a lesson to you

The Blurred Lines Of Real Manhood (Robin Thicke, I’m Looking In Your Direction)

Robin Thicke Calls ‘Blurred Lines’ a ‘Feminist Movement Within Itself’

A Feminist Takedown of Robin Thicke, And Anyone Who Thinks There's Something "Blurry" About Sexism


No comments:

Post a Comment